Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Miracles and blessings

We brought mama home to the Regional Hospice House today. We had so many precious friends and family show up and love on us tonight. I am still hoping for a miracle and praying for a miracle. I am really trying to see the blessings all around me. It is hard to see through all of the sadness and hopelessness....yet I will lift my eyes to Jesus and know that he will take care of me. Many have sent messages, texts, calls, etc....we love you.  I have so many emotions and honestly, I am mad. I am sorry but I am mad at the world. I have screamed and cried and even told Gordon a few minutes ago that I haven't even learned to cook yet because my mama cooks. If I do try to cook, I always have to call my mama. On the way home tonight, I picked up the phone to call her. I have spoken with my mama every single day of my life.  It's what we do. We talk on the phone and shop. She did all of the kids scrapbooks. Who is going to do them for the boys graduation?  Ugh!  I just need her to hug me and tell me everything is going to be okay. Heck!  I need her to laugh with me about The Bachelor!  

This Regional Hospice House is beautiful and peaceful. The reason I chose this place is because of mama. When Jacob was in the 3rd grade, he didn't want to play travel basketball. We were playing for the Forest City Heat and she told him that was fine but he was going to do something productive. So, the two of them raised several thousand dollars in donations and new bedding for every room. The picture below is of her and Jacob when they presented it to the board and were interviewed by the Herald-Journal. 


Please continue to send those prayers up on our behalf. 

Love,
Jenn


2 comments:

  1. Oh...Jennifer. My heart breaks for you and your family. We are still praying for you every day and are glad that you got her home to Spartanburg. Words can't give you comfort right now but we know that you have your gaze on Jesus. He can give you peace and strength. Even Jesus got angry, so - let it out! We love you and are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, praying for you. My mom was my best friend and we went a very similar road you are on. I miss her everyday and still get very angry and sad. Let those emotions out. Love these last moments together. Cherish them. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete