We are struggling with getting her to eat. She ate a little cutie and 2 small bites of banana for breakfast. At lunch they brought her roast beef and chicken salad. I tried forever to get her to eat and she wasn't having any of it. She wasn't responding or waking up. When I finally got her to wake up, I put a bite of the roast to her mouth and she quickly and emphatically said, "Get that out of my mouth!" Now, she has only spoken in a soft whisper and this came out clear and louder. The nurse turned around and died laughing. Then, I put some chicken for her and she said, "I am not eating that!" I said, "well, someone is little Miss Sassy Britches tonight!" Praise God for Sassy Britches.
Tonight, daddy got her to eat some soup and when she was finished (she had refused mashed potatoes and other things) he asked her what else she wanted. She said she wanted ice cream. Our nurse tonight,Catherine, made it happen! She ate almost every single bite. Yeah!
I do not have any Easter pictures of my children and they didn't get Easter baskets this year....yet. What I do have is a mama that is very sick, yet still fighting strong. My daddy is being a rock and is standing in my mamas room right now watching tv. It's the first time the tv has been on in here since we arrived. (We are also trying to keep her awake.) My sweet babies and Gordon have been such troopers. They have gone home now and that is such a sad feeling. As they drove off, I had such a sad heart. I hate it when people leave. When my mama would come see us at the beach when we stayed all summer a few times, I would cry and cry and she would cry going home. That's how I felt today.
We are getting stronger and hope to be out of ICU tomorrow so that the transplant team can get back to work!
Daddy feeding mama vanilla ice cream.
Hope you and your family had a great Easter. Please keep the prayers coming.
Love,
Jenn
Sweetest picture ever! Praying for your mommy to be transferred out of ICU tomorrow and transplant team to get her approved in a hurry!
ReplyDelete