The transplant team has put a hold on mamas liver transplant work up until she comes through this episode. This is all caused from the liver not doing its job. Your body processes all of the toxins and impurities through the liver and mama's isn't working. Her ammonia level was at 289 yesterday and it should be between 18-29.
Another funny for the day. When they come to work on mama they kick us out. A girl came in and said she would be doing a renal ultrasound. Daddy looked at me puzzled and I whispered, "for her kidneys" and he still looked at me and said "no that's her butt." After I stopped laughing, the girl came over to us on the bench in the room and said "hi I'm (can't remember her name), how are y'all today?" I said "well, I am fine and my daddy is better knowing you aren't doing a rectal ultrasound with us in here!" She and the nurse died laughing. Oh what mama is missing while she sleeps. Can you imagine being the technician for that? Ummmm....no thank you.
Our precious pastor, Hank Williams and his wife, Mary Ann drove all the way down here just to check on mama and see us. What a blessing they are to us and to everyone at BSFBC. They came to our church 12 years ago when my boys were 5. We love our church! Mama loves her church. She loves Hank and Mary Ann.
Please pray specifically that mama's ammonia levels come down. Pray that she wakes up. I am going to be honest and tell you that my heart is broken. I am holding it together moment to moment. I think of our last words and pray she wakes up so I can hear her voice again. She will wake up because my God is the great physician. Pray for her team of wonderful doctors, nurses, ultrasound technicians and even the sweet lady that buzzes you in when we go to see mama. We haven't found her but her voice is so welcoming and calming. Pray that her blood pressure stays up and that she is calm when she does wake up. She's claustrophobic and I am scared that she is going to panic when she wakes and finds she is on a ventilator.
Your prayers, thoughts, messages and texts are appreciated. We feel them! Thank you! If you call and I don't answer, I am either talking to the doctors/nurses or my daddy and Jason. (By the way, mama was in the hospital 42 years ago yesterday also! Having me a brother 😍...well on the 22nd but they stayed for a week back then.
Also, my Uncle Carl had some issues earlier this week so add him to your prayers also. My mamas brother, Ray, also has this horrible liver disease so add him and her sister, Faye, to your prayers because being in Spartanburg and not here is bothering her and Ray.
Love,
Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment