Saturday, March 26, 2016

I'll give you some sugar!



Daddy and I busted in here this morning at 8:01am. (They kick you out from 7-8 twice a day.) Gordon had texted us all night with updates that she was moving. Daddy and I assumed it was the same thrashing around that she did during the day yesterday. It was upsetting and we closed the blinds and kept all lights off to keep her settled. When daddy bent down to kiss her she opened her eyes wide. I grabbed her hand to hold it and she squeezed it. Then, Ethan walks in and says "Hey girl!" (Loudly!) and she opens her eyes and lifts her hand to grab his. Her hands are tied down somewhat because she kept grabbing the vent and trying to remove it.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!


All week daddy has bent over mama and said, "open your eyes and I'll give you some sugar!"  I pray he gets to give her lots of sugar today. 

I thought her feet were cold and asked her if she wanted socks (I bought her new ones yesterday at wal-Mart) and she blinked her eyes. So, she is slowly coming around. I changed clothes this morning and put on a obnoxious pinkish orange top so that she would see happy colors if she woke up. Then, on the way here I knew it was going to be a great day!  As I was getting off of 26 onto 17, this truck came flying by:

  

Mama worked for Wise Foods as HR manager for years. My beloved Nannie Broome was named Elsie. Mama loves Nannie like her own mama and they were very close. So, there are blessings all around. I just forgot to look yesterday. 

Funny!  Mama is in MUSC Ashley River Tower, otherwise known as ART. Daddy was talking to someone and they asked if he had someone in ART. He said, "oh no, my wife is in ICU, she isn't doing Art!"  The man explained what ART meant. 😂 You just cannot make this stuff up!  When my mama hears this story, she is going to roll her eyes and say, "Tommy!"  

Pray that mama shows out with her heart. Not good, okay, well....GREAT!  I want that liver Doctor to come
running. I believe in miracles and know that God will do it. Mama is the daughter of the King and he will heal her. 

Thank you so much for the prayers, phone calls (even if I can't talk I still listen) and the texts. When I'm in with mama I do keep my phone off. 

Add Rodney, Rex and Rocky Mcgill to your prayers. Their mama isn't doing well and they just lost their daddy. Also, my dear friend and Sunday School teacher,Buzz Jones' second mama isn't doing well. 




Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment